Thin Ice Game
This has been one of our all-time favourite games for therapy.
Using a set of tweezers, pick up and set one marble at a time onto the top of the igloo. The weight from the marbles will eventually break through the "thin ice" tissue, and all the marbles will fall into the base. This is a great cause-effect game and the suspense is real!
Each player will take turns to pick up one marble from the base and place it on top of the tissue. Keep taking turns until someone "breaks the ice" by putting on the marble that breaks through the tissue. The person that breaks the ice loses the game.
Why we like this game:
- The rules are easy and simple to follow therefore this is a great toddlers.
- Taking turns is a great social skill to learn by playing board games.
- This game is fast and over in a few minutes. This is perfect for the concentration span of toddlers. )But be warned you are going to play this a few times.)
- Using a tweezer has so many fine motor advantages, in-hand manipulation, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, fine motor precision, tool use, palmar arch support, coordinated use of both hands.
- If the child struggles to use the tweezer provided in the box. Use the fingers and try to encourage the child to use the tripod grip (thumb, index and middle finger)
- Different colour marbles give the opportunity to learn about sorting, matching, patterns and counting.
- Patterns: Ask the child to put two or three marbles onto the igloo on each turn, not just one. Give them a sequence, such as red-yellow, for the order of placement.
- Skip the tweezers and use your fingers to place the marbles.
For 2 to 4 players, ages 5 and up. No batteries required
Base diameter measures 17.5cm
awesome toy, exactly as advertised, and awesome service by tiny trees. Got the order when expected, packaged beautifully. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.
Excellent quality and very cute! Imagination determines the amount of games that can be played with these little pets...and the little ones learn while having loads of fun. I combined these with the matching colored cups and a gator tweezer and my 3 years old granddaughter loves playing with the set!
fast delivery -xmas present so no further comments as yet
Was very impressed that I was able to purchase it online at the last minute. However, what I did miss was the contact details of Tiny Tree Toys printed on the voucher - I had to give the information separately to the winner of the voucher
My clients enjoy these items. Good quality toys.
As always, so much fun, and such great quality!!!
I haven't used these yet, but are super excited to start with it!
Myself and the teachers loved these wobble stones. I thought it would be harder though, like the stars, but makes sense why not. A little boy who had a meltdown, actually loved these and started rolling around on them and it seemed to give him a soothing experience.
This is definitely one of the better looking bug hotels on the market and sold at a reasonable price. I was skeptical weather this type of bug hotel would work but it's already being populated after only 3 months. Note that I also installed it in the beginning of winter so that probably caused the delay.
I love this set!!! Assists with laterality, copying and grip!
Great, quality and a gift for xmas
Such fun making our own stories up, until we yawn and fall asleep
I have bought theses for the xmas holidays, when my grandson comes to visit. Holidays with ouma and oupa are going to be sooo much fun👍🎄
They’re just as expected. And definitely larger than the typical set. They do what they’re meant to do. You won’t regret buying them. I bought two for my eight and nine year old children.
I am happy with my purchase, it is good value for money.