An OT favourite, puzzle like game that is really well received by children in therapy.
These colourful cubes are solid and each side of a cube has a different design or pattern combination.
The game includes 4-cube designs printed on a grid, 16-cube designs printed on a grid, and 16-cube designs not printed on a grid. You can grade the activity by using the cards in that order. By the time you get to the 16 cube side with no grid, you will have to be able to mentally separate the squares. This requires critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Why we like this game:
- Separate and sort the cubes to the correct sides for the child if you want to decrease the difficulty or concentrate on another aspect, like spatially orienting.
- Ask the child to turn one cube at a time in their fingers and using only one hand let them find the correct side of each cube for placement.
- Study a 4 cube design, then turn it over and build it from memory.
- To make the copying of the design easier, cover all but the line you are working on. If the child gets stuck, cover the whole design except the one cube.
- Place the cubes for a design on the table so that the wrong side is up, requiring the child to pick up and rotate each cube in-hand.
- Place a cube in the child’s palm. Ask them to bring it to the fingertips and rotate for placement using only that hand. This is a great activity for in-hand manipulation.
- Clean up by picking up one cube at a time and holding it in the palm. How many can you hold without dropping any? Try adding one more.
There are so many developmental components that are supported by pixy cubes: in-hand manipulation, distal finger control, fine motor precision, visual discrimination, visual memory, figure ground, spatial relations, visual closure, visual form constancy, sequencing, executive functioning skills.This set includes:
- 16 x (2x2 cm) cubes with design patterns
- 1 booklet with games and instructions
- 12 challenge cards
- 19 design cards
Very versatile and great quality. Toddler loves them
These are so beautiful! My clients love to use these in my therapy room.
I love this toy. I actually bought it as a gift for a 1 year old but thinking to get another for my baby because it’s just so cute! Really well made.
awesome toy, exactly as advertised, and awesome service by tiny trees. Got the order when expected, packaged beautifully. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.
Excellent quality and very cute! Imagination determines the amount of games that can be played with these little pets...and the little ones learn while having loads of fun. I combined these with the matching colored cups and a gator tweezer and my 3 years old granddaughter loves playing with the set!
fast delivery -xmas present so no further comments as yet
Was very impressed that I was able to purchase it online at the last minute. However, what I did miss was the contact details of Tiny Tree Toys printed on the voucher - I had to give the information separately to the winner of the voucher
My clients enjoy these items. Good quality toys.
As always, so much fun, and such great quality!!!
I haven't used these yet, but are super excited to start with it!
Myself and the teachers loved these wobble stones. I thought it would be harder though, like the stars, but makes sense why not. A little boy who had a meltdown, actually loved these and started rolling around on them and it seemed to give him a soothing experience.
This is definitely one of the better looking bug hotels on the market and sold at a reasonable price. I was skeptical weather this type of bug hotel would work but it's already being populated after only 3 months. Note that I also installed it in the beginning of winter so that probably caused the delay.
I love this set!!! Assists with laterality, copying and grip!
Great, quality and a gift for xmas
Such fun making our own stories up, until we yawn and fall asleep