Natural Wooden Stacking Animals
- Fine motor skills- It is a favourite past time of toddlers to pick items up and stack them, this activity helps them learn very important skill of making smaller movements with the thumb and forefinger to grasp the object. They will now know how to move, order, screw any objects to achieve their desired task. They will now be able to understand the world, like they will get familiar to shape, size, weight, height, colours, textures, sequence and comparison of objects.
- Hand-eye co-ordination- Stacking helps the child visualize the object and get information from the eyes as to how to move hands and object in relation to the body and other pieces to place it systematically. Placing objects on top of each other or locking with one another lets them learn how to balance objects so that they don’t topple.
- Gross motor skills- While stacking the child needs to sit up and balance core muscles in order to move hands freely. This activity will help the child to master the ability to control his/her body movements which are in coordination to stacking activity.
- Creative skills- The child will show you many different ways in which this stacking animals can be played!
- Social skills- As parent we should encourage with children to play with their friends! Stacking and playing with these animals together will help the child learn new things simply by observing other children. They will learn sharing their toys with other kids, working in team, taking turns and communication skills.
- Problem solving- Stacking is a challenge for child. They will use trial and error methods to make the animals stack onto other animals and balance them! They will learn to problem solve if any of the animals is misfit and try again to balance them.
- Spatial Intelligence-In order to form different structures, child visualizes how each animal should be placed in relation to other animals. This activity will help the child perceive things and incorporate it easily!
- Language skills- We can introduce different words like " put the bunny on top of the elephant" or "put the giraffe on his head" identifying the placement as above or below, compare the objects as one is bigger than another and counting of objects!
Love this toy! As an OT I am always looking for toys that can help develop skills in a fun way. The time element makes the game extra challenging and fun, but I also love that I can downgrade this game easily by taking the time element away for the younger child or the child that is still developing the form constancy and spatial visualization skills. Would recommend this game to anyone!
Very versatile and great quality. Toddler loves them
These are so beautiful! My clients love to use these in my therapy room.
I love this toy. I actually bought it as a gift for a 1 year old but thinking to get another for my baby because it’s just so cute! Really well made.
awesome toy, exactly as advertised, and awesome service by tiny trees. Got the order when expected, packaged beautifully. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.
Excellent quality and very cute! Imagination determines the amount of games that can be played with these little pets...and the little ones learn while having loads of fun. I combined these with the matching colored cups and a gator tweezer and my 3 years old granddaughter loves playing with the set!
fast delivery -xmas present so no further comments as yet
Was very impressed that I was able to purchase it online at the last minute. However, what I did miss was the contact details of Tiny Tree Toys printed on the voucher - I had to give the information separately to the winner of the voucher
My clients enjoy these items. Good quality toys.
As always, so much fun, and such great quality!!!
I haven't used these yet, but are super excited to start with it!
Myself and the teachers loved these wobble stones. I thought it would be harder though, like the stars, but makes sense why not. A little boy who had a meltdown, actually loved these and started rolling around on them and it seemed to give him a soothing experience.
This is definitely one of the better looking bug hotels on the market and sold at a reasonable price. I was skeptical weather this type of bug hotel would work but it's already being populated after only 3 months. Note that I also installed it in the beginning of winter so that probably caused the delay.
I love this set!!! Assists with laterality, copying and grip!
Great, quality and a gift for xmas