The magnetic stylus is your pen, the bead board is your paper, and your finger is the eraser as you use your imagination to draw and design.
- 20 copy cards
- 1 pad
- one magnetic wand
Why we love this for traveling:
- This set has no loose parts.
- It is easy and compact to pack for travel.
- Skip the pattern cards and draw whatever object or picture that you want, maybe drawing something from a story you are reading.
- Use it as a tool to practice writing letters or numbers or drawing basic shapes. Draw/write, then use your finger to trace it as you erase it. (I usually have the kids say the number or letter verbally too, as they do each step.)
- Be relaxed about counting the dots and making the patterns exactly like the pattern cards because, even though each card shows all the dots, they are very small. Having to count them out could be tedious work for some.
- Start a pattern by drawing an image so the player can see the proportion and get an idea how to proceed.
- Take turns drawing on one pattern. You draw one feature, then let them draw a feature, to keep things on track and in perspective, but I must warn you, kids don’t share their magnetic pads easily.
- Let them add their own features to a pattern they have copied. Add a sun, bigger windows, smoke from the chimney, etc. to the house picture.
- Draw a prewriting shape or symbol. Then ask the individual to run their finger over the balls to get the feel of drawing the shape.
- Bring all the metal balls to the surface with the tool and then let the individual use his whole hand to push them back down for neat sensory input. The sensory feedback is really great and therefore we also use this as a multi-sensory way of learning by drawing letters, numbers and shapes.
- Isolate different fingers to push down the metal balls.
Works on spatial relations, eye-hand coordination, finger isolation, using a writing-type tool, efficient grasp, fine motor control, problem solving skills and executive functioning skills.
Very versatile and great quality. Toddler loves them
These are so beautiful! My clients love to use these in my therapy room.
I love this toy. I actually bought it as a gift for a 1 year old but thinking to get another for my baby because it’s just so cute! Really well made.
awesome toy, exactly as advertised, and awesome service by tiny trees. Got the order when expected, packaged beautifully. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.
Excellent quality and very cute! Imagination determines the amount of games that can be played with these little pets...and the little ones learn while having loads of fun. I combined these with the matching colored cups and a gator tweezer and my 3 years old granddaughter loves playing with the set!
fast delivery -xmas present so no further comments as yet
Was very impressed that I was able to purchase it online at the last minute. However, what I did miss was the contact details of Tiny Tree Toys printed on the voucher - I had to give the information separately to the winner of the voucher
My clients enjoy these items. Good quality toys.
As always, so much fun, and such great quality!!!
I haven't used these yet, but are super excited to start with it!
Myself and the teachers loved these wobble stones. I thought it would be harder though, like the stars, but makes sense why not. A little boy who had a meltdown, actually loved these and started rolling around on them and it seemed to give him a soothing experience.
This is definitely one of the better looking bug hotels on the market and sold at a reasonable price. I was skeptical weather this type of bug hotel would work but it's already being populated after only 3 months. Note that I also installed it in the beginning of winter so that probably caused the delay.
I love this set!!! Assists with laterality, copying and grip!
Great, quality and a gift for xmas
Such fun making our own stories up, until we yawn and fall asleep