5 Birds In A Box
These baby birds have lost their feathers and only your little one can help them get it back! This is a fine motor skills toy that helps kids build hand muscle strength and fine motor skills development as they replace the chunky, peg-shaped “ feathers” within the holes that dot the little bird's back. These colourful feathers also lend themselves well to lessons in counting, sorting, and colour identification skills.
Kids can arrange feathers by warm or cool colours, work on sequences and patterns by alternating colours, or count the feathers. These feathers have different textures for extra fun.
There are 5 birds in each set, each with 5 holes and 5 pegs of the same colour. There are 5 different peg shapes, and each colour has one peg of each shape. Each peg has a different texture.
Why we like it:
- This is a 2 handed activity, you need to stabilize the bird with your one and remove the feathers with the other.
- This is a great bath toy as the birds are made of plastic and because they have so many holes they easily release water
- Sort by colour. Reinforce the colour by saying the colour out loud as you push in each peg.
- Place the feathers in any order, picking up one feather in each hand and putting them in at the same time, 2 at a time.
- Hold the bird in one hand and put the feathers in with the other. Then switch hands and do it again.
- Call the feathers by colour to add one at a time,
- Place one feather, upside-down in the child’s hand. Ask them to turn it in-hand to orient and place it in the bird.
- Mix two different coloured feathers sets on the table. Fill one bird, then the other. Add more sets of feathers to the pile until you can do all five sets.
- Put the feathers away by saying each colour out loud as you pull it out to reinforce colour names. Try to hold more than one in the same hand as you pull them out. Alternate hands.
- Put the feathers in by design. There are 5 different designs that also have different textures so you can fill each bird with one design (which will be one of each colour).
Love this toy! As an OT I am always looking for toys that can help develop skills in a fun way. The time element makes the game extra challenging and fun, but I also love that I can downgrade this game easily by taking the time element away for the younger child or the child that is still developing the form constancy and spatial visualization skills. Would recommend this game to anyone!
Very versatile and great quality. Toddler loves them
These are so beautiful! My clients love to use these in my therapy room.
I love this toy. I actually bought it as a gift for a 1 year old but thinking to get another for my baby because it’s just so cute! Really well made.
awesome toy, exactly as advertised, and awesome service by tiny trees. Got the order when expected, packaged beautifully. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.
Excellent quality and very cute! Imagination determines the amount of games that can be played with these little pets...and the little ones learn while having loads of fun. I combined these with the matching colored cups and a gator tweezer and my 3 years old granddaughter loves playing with the set!
fast delivery -xmas present so no further comments as yet
Was very impressed that I was able to purchase it online at the last minute. However, what I did miss was the contact details of Tiny Tree Toys printed on the voucher - I had to give the information separately to the winner of the voucher
My clients enjoy these items. Good quality toys.
As always, so much fun, and such great quality!!!
I haven't used these yet, but are super excited to start with it!
Myself and the teachers loved these wobble stones. I thought it would be harder though, like the stars, but makes sense why not. A little boy who had a meltdown, actually loved these and started rolling around on them and it seemed to give him a soothing experience.
This is definitely one of the better looking bug hotels on the market and sold at a reasonable price. I was skeptical weather this type of bug hotel would work but it's already being populated after only 3 months. Note that I also installed it in the beginning of winter so that probably caused the delay.
I love this set!!! Assists with laterality, copying and grip!
Great, quality and a gift for xmas